Posts Tagged Chat
I decided to finally do something about our lack of a chat room. For those that weren’t here for Chat Room Round 1, I had a Meebo chat room set up for a long time, and it was a lot of fun. But then Meebo stopped all chat services, so that was the end of that.
After doing some searching and researching, I found Parachat, and gave them a try. I love it so far. It has limited features at the moment, and I may one day upgrade to a version with more bells and whistles (I.E.: Customized avatars and additional rooms*), but for now, I like what I have.
So go ahead and click here (or in the tab at the top of the page), and give it a try! 😀 And tell me what you think of it!
(*Edit: Found out through experimenting that I can apparently make more rooms in the chat itself. 😛 I just can’t have more preset as default rooms, if that makes sense to you folks.)
Happy New Year!
Remember the motto throughout this year: Keep in the excellent give good results!
So more often than not, I’ll get spam comments instead of someone actually reading my posts/comics and wanting to comment. But I still shuffle through my spam folder every time I log in, since every once in a while, someone’s posting a legit comment that got caught up in the spam filter.
That said, though, many of the spam comments are actually pretty funny to read.
There was “You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and also outlined out the entire thing with no need side effect , folks can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.”, which kinda makes some sense if I reread it a few times, and I’m 98.46% sure it was meant as a compliment.
And then there’s “I will immediately grasp your rss as I can’t to find your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.”, which I initially misread as “I will immediately grasp your ass“. And then I reread that line, and was both relieved that someone wasn’t trying to feel me up, and mildy disappointed that they didn’t think I was sexy enough. (I might be exaggerating that second part, just a bit.)
But this one, by far, is my favorite:
I like that. They are clearly telling me to keep “the excellent” in my site, and that by doing so, I can “give good results”. A very positive message that we should all follow. That’s going to be my new motto! 😀
So let’s talk about spam now (the food variety). DO any of you like spam? If so, do you have a favorite kind and/or method of preparing it? I like making sandwiches with grilled turkey Spam. Exactly what else goes on the sammich depends on what I have available and what I’m in the mood for. The good ol’ lettuce-tomato-cheese combo is a good standard.
And in a search for the “Spam Song” to finish this post off with, I ended up stumbling on a recipe for Spam Musubi that I want to try out sometime…
Also, this video makes me want a Spam Slicer. 😀
And then a poll!
In case you can’t tell, I’m now getting addicted to random blogging, as well as comic-working. Not that this is a bad thing, you know. 😛
I found an option in WordPress to make it show snow on the site. Just for the lulz, I turned it on. Should be showing snow until January 4th.
So, who enjoyed their Christmas? If you don’t celebrate Christmas, how did you enjoy the day that almost every store in the universe was closed? Discuss now!
Yeah, my regular readers might have noticed that the site suddenly changed. Change is not a bad thing, of course. 😉 Among those changes:
- I decided it was time to update the general look of the site, and I found a new theme/layout that I think works better, mostly because it has more space. The old layout was good, but it left comics looking cramped and therefore hard to read. D:
- Facebook page! I officially started a Facebook page! Check out the sidebar on your right to read the posts, and don’t forget to click the “Like” button!
- I’ve momentarily lost the header logo, but it should be back soon! It needed to be fixed, anyway! 😛
- Sadly, Meebo is no more. D: So we lost the one-on-one chat, as well as the chat room I had. Nothing can really be done about the single chat, but I’m searching around for a new chat room for all of us to share!
And things to look forward to in the future:
- Comics! And then more comics! I have a lot of them in the works as I type this!
- I’m playing with some ideas for keeping the store up-to-date a lot better. Consequently, I’ve been neglecting the store page. Feel free to go to the Zazzle store page directly, though. 😉
- Prolly a whole lot more as I figure out the new WordPress widgets I have to play with…
Keep checking in from time to time, and see what else I decide to change! And now for a poll!
Edit: I found out after posting this that I apparently reached a WordPress goal of 45 posts. This bring up two questions:
- I had goals to accomplish here?
- I’ve been that inactive?!
Learn something new every day, I tells ya. 😛
…And I’ve got the day off with nothing to do…
I’v been seeing that Forumspring site pop up through various friends, so I’m deciding I’m gonna give it a go. So…
- 5,102 wandered into this site somehow.